The following video clip is a scene from the feature film, Shrek Forever After.
Key points for this lesson – we will go over all of these steps:
- Set the sequencer to match the movie start time
- Create MARKERS to pinpoint key moments in the scene
- Determine the tone or mood of the music for the scene – does it change at any point(s)?
- The mood will help to define the starting tempo for the scene – set the sequencer starting tempo to match your mood
- Refer to the SMPTE timecode window number on the exact frame of video you wish to start your music (ex.) 02:07:09.03 This represents Bar 1, Beat 1 of your music