This guest artist session, live from Los Angeles with director, designer and animation artist Mike Patterson, included participants from Paris, Karlsruhe, Tokyo and Barcelona. Click here for more information about Mike, including samples of his work.
Join us “live” for another segment in our ETHOS guest artist series, featuring Marco Beltrami & Buck Sanders (dates are subject to change)
Featured Guest Artists; Marco Beltrami & Buck Sanders
Hollywood composer, Christopher Lennertz will join ETHOS instructor, Philip White, for a segment on “team-building” featuring their work on the JJ Abrams series, Revolution. Philip White’s ETHOS course covers aspects of conducting, and working with musicians and other studio creatives in this collaborative environment.
Hollywood composer, Christopher Young, leads this ETHOS course in Composition for Film; Horror – Thriller – Suspense Category.
The following video clip is a scene from the feature film, Shrek Forever After.
Key points for this lesson – we will go over all of these steps:
- Set the sequencer to match the movie start time
- Create MARKERS to pinpoint key moments in the scene
- Determine the tone or mood of the music for the scene – does it change at any point(s)?
- The mood will help to define the starting tempo for the scene – set the sequencer starting tempo to match your mood
- Refer to the SMPTE timecode window number on the exact frame of video you wish to start your music (ex.) 02:07:09.03 This represents Bar 1, Beat 1 of your music