In New York and in Boston Daniel trained under jazz greats Jeff Tain Watts and Alan Dawson. After two Masters degrees in Germany, one in jazz/pop performance at the University for Music and Art Mann- heim (2002), the other in film scoring at the University of Music and Theater Munich (2005), Daniel completed in 2009 the Scoring for Motion Pictures and Television Program (SMPTV) !at the University of Southern California. His studies there have put him in both academic and professional contact with ma- jor players in the film and film music industry.
As jazz and classical instrumentalist as well as conductor, Daniel toured South America, the Middle East, Europe and the US. In addition to his compositions for film and games, Wehr enjoys a successful career as arranger and producer in the field of pop and dance.
In 2000 Daniel worked for the Communication Research Center Fabrica Musica in Italy, where he was brought together with Michael Nyman as well as Ennio Morricone and conceptualized music and sound design to Peter Gabriel’s Witness campaign. With The Left Hand Of Glenn Gould, the experimental mul- timedia theater piece directed by Grammy nominated Heiner Goebbels, he gave guest performances in London, in Germany and at the Taormina Festival in Italy.
In 2005 Daniel founded Collage: Cinetronic Music Art. Collage is a creative multimedia-platform, on which contemporary artists can present their works and ideas in a not-yet-experienced environment. Collage unites numerous art forms, cultures and people from all over the world.
Since 2009 Daniel lives in Munich, Germany and Los Angeles, USA, where he works as composer, orches- trator and instrumentalist. He was involved in several international Hollywood productions .
In Europe he is best known for his music to the TV hit series Pastewka (Sat1), the comedy No Mercy and as a session musician for Frank Griebe/ Franka Potente.
Next to film and commercial music Daniel has never lost sight of his concert music and stage perform- ances. In 2009 he composed and conducted the commissioned concert work Thalamus in Carnegie Hall. Daniel Wehr is invited to give lectures and workshops at universities in Europe and the USA.
• Sept 12 (2016) (composer, feature)
• America’s Next Makers (2016) (composer, TV Game Show – prod. Mark Burnett)
• Making Love (2016) (composer, TV Game Show – prod. Mark Burnett)
• America’s Next Weatherman (2015) (composer main theme) – TV Reality – prod. ABC, CBS (composer)
• 500 Questions (2015) (TV Game Show – prod. Mark Burnett, ABC (composer)
• Killing Season (2013) (additional music) – dir. Mark S. Johnson (Robert De Niro, John Travolta)
• Ball Up Streetball (2013-2015) (composer) – TV Reality – prod. Fox Sports Net
• Sinister (2012) (additional music) – dir. Scott Derrickson (Ethan Hawke) album producer
• Uncharted 3 (2011) (additional orchestration) – dir. Amy Henning – video game (orchestrator)
• The Annual Grammy Awards (2011-2015) (composer, sound design)
• MTV: Station IDs (2009 & 2010) (composer, sound designer)
• Seal & David Foster: 6 Commitment (2010) (assist. orchestrator)
• Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs (2009) (scoring assistant) Animation – dir. Phil Lord & Chris Miller
• CSI: NY (2009) (music preparation)
• The Dark Knight (2008) (scoring assistant) – dir. Chris Nolan (Christian Bale, Heath Ledger)
• Spider-Man 3 (2007) (orchestrator) – dir. Sam Raimi (Tobey Maguire, Kirsten Dunst)