Max Blomgren is a composer for stage and screen. Originally from Sweden, he has lived and worked in Los Angeles since 2001.
In addition to writing film scores (Tentacle 8, Out of the Shadows, Seven Seasons), concert music (Columnated Ruins Domino, Two Faces Have I) and opera (Pride and Prejudice) he is a prolific synthesist, music sound designer and producer. His work can be heard on over 40 movies, including Spider-Man 3, The Grudge, Drag Me to Hell and The Exorcism of Emily Rose.
He is currently working on his second opera Nora, Hedda Gabler and Miss Julie, projected to premiere in 2016, a short suite of his Seven Seasons score for release in April, as well as a new album of experimental electronic music.
- 2014 – Tentacle 8 – Director John Chi
- 2012 – Seven Seasons – Director Seryna Thai
- 2011 – Out of the Shadows – Director James Tarlton
- 2011 – Priest – Director Scott Stewart (additional music)
- 2006 – Ghost Rider – Director Mark Steven Johnson (additional music)
- 2004 – Species III – Director Brad Turner (additional music)
- 2003- Gravity – Director Corey Ziemniak